Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact?
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact?
I think the 'exotics' are welcome, I'm a bit bored watching production bikes in almost every race, i don't see the point of having superstocks and superbikes when the gap between them is so small but the cost of the latter are so high. I think there should just be stockers and let them run race tyres in the senior alongside the exotics.

As to the current crop - I noticed last night that on Bruce's last lap he was 8 or so seconds quicker to Glen Helen than anyone else then backed off, wouldn't surprise me if he kept sticking random sector best times in all week then strung them together in the race (obviously no-one will notice him doing this!) I wouldn't be surprised if, barring tech issues, the Honda wasn't 20 - 30 seconds quicker than anything else and I fear that others might push too hard trying to catch him, the only other issue could be fuel - its got a 24lt tank but I wonder how far it can go with the wick turned up.

The Suter is unlikely to last the distance and if it does I doubt it will threaten the top 30 such is the strength in depth of the field but it adds some colour to the event and I like many others would love to see a 2 stroke race back again

The Norton is just an embarrasment, Cameron clearly made the right decision and Davo would be better popping into a dealer and buying a standar Apprillia rsvrrrr (or whatever). Any clown can get a bike to make loads of noise and all the public go oo-er when it crawls past but its nothing more than another in a long line of publicity stunts - definitely shouldn't have been seeded  in the top 20 expect Davo to do a couple of laps and have a technical issue at the Sulby or the Ginger, he'll need a drink to calm his nerves.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 06:19 PM by Malcolm.)
01-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact? - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 01-06-2016, 03:19 PM