Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact?
badlyoverdrawnboy Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact?
(01-06-2016, 04:35 PM)warrior Wrote: I wonder if it employs the same 'get you home' technology as the motogp bikes where the electronics measure fuel consumption and then begin to progressively cut the power if required, to ensure it makes the finish line?

I wondered about that but, given the topography of the course, I expect it would have to 'learn' the fuel consumption of different sections and do some clever calculations - just cutting back the fuel near the end of the second lap each time would penalise it on the fast bits over the mountain for instance, whereas, ideally, you might want it to run a bit lean from Ginger Hall to ramsey and save enough for a proper blast over the mountain. dunno if the system is that sophisticated - if it was really clever it would save enough to give half second bursts to run/coast from governors to the pitlane and save Bruce having to push in - not fun with that beard!
In an idle lotto dream moment last year i worked out that a Ducati MotoGP bike could do 2 laps but my lucky numbers weren't so Clive has beaten me to it - fair play to him
01-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will these two new exotic bikes have an impact? - by badlyoverdrawnboy - 01-06-2016, 05:46 PM