Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time?
the true greatest are the ones who are magnanimous in victory, gracious in defeat, neither IH or MD can accept being beaten, and to snipe at each other during the press conference was ,shall we say, unseemly. Sitting right next to them was a man who had just had to accept losing, he must have been embarrassed by the spat between the two. So, a great rider certainly, but until both men can curb their spite, then, sorry, no "greatest "accolade from me, yet. All credit to Hutchy for that amazing fightback from injury, of course, and he's still got time on his side, as has MD

Would MD/IH have taken the other out to dinner, just having beaten him? ( 1967, Ago lost, Hailwood won, but they dined together that evening, at Mike's invitation, having known how Ago was disappointed) . Or to move to modern times, the sidecar boys bear few if any grudges despite the on track scrapping.
Please, no abuse, this is my opinion, I've thought carefully, and I've been asked to give it, presumably.
11-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to start talking about Hutchy as one of the greatest of all time? - by numptydad - 11-06-2016, 08:37 AM