MANX GRAND PRIX AND CLASSIC TT REVIEW CONFIRMED
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 40
RE: MANX GRAND PRIX AND CLASSIC TT REVIEW CONFIRMED
Done mine too.  What I said is copied below (Malcolm - if you don't think it's appropriate for me to do that then please edit it out!)

The Classic TT suffers from attrition during the races (inevitably) so I would look at shortening the races to 3 laps and taking a bigger entry.  The races could start in pairs (they do this in practice) so a bigger entry could actually clear the grid sooner than the current entry starting singly.  Think of a way to attract more TZ350s into the Lightweight CTT - separate award structure?  - there must be loads still out there.  Re-introduce a separate 250 class into the Junior CTT to break up the relentless barrage of 350 Hondas, rather than have a handful mixed into the entry as it is now.

The MGP doesn't much in the way of changing.  The class structures are about right but some forethought will need to be given to the Junior & Senior as 600s become older.  That said they'll be racing these at club level for years yet.

Rather than run the events separately I would run 1 Classic & 1 MGP per race day.  It will help to publicise the MGP and remove that image that everything is over once the Classic TT is done.  The event is branded as The Festival of Motorcycling, so the whole thing needs to be given equal prestige, not just the bits with 'TT' in the title.
14-08-2021, 12:51 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: MANX GRAND PRIX AND CLASSIC TT REVIEW CONFIRMED - by sticky - 14-08-2021, 12:51 PM