Temperature rising on the island as TT changes are announced.
ian333 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Temperature rising on the island as TT changes are announced.
Surely the core of the TT is the bikes/riders hurtling around the 37.73 as fast/safe as possible? While I agree the scoreboard is cute/quaint/nostalgic/iconic and very much a worthwhile exercise for the cub scouts to work, aside from a photo op, not one person is actually using it in any meaningful way. I took a tour of it a couple of years ago and found it very enjoyable but it’s beyond its natural life and needs investment to keep it safe. It would seem a little frivolous to allocate money and resources to it.

I get the impression from some of the responses on here that people are looking for excuses or reasons for turning their back on the TT. That’s fine I guess. Everything runs it’s course in life.

My enthusiasm is at an all time high. There is way too much good and great about the TT that has me counting the days down. My first in-person TT was 1992. I love the TT. Nothing has changed for me. My overwhelming love for the TT and road racing in general probably means I see everything with rose tinted glasses. The sights and sounds of real road racing cannot be beaten. Ideally, I would go to the TT this year and see Joey on an RC30 challenging for a win. Unfortunately time stands still for no one. Bring on TT22. Can’t wait.
24-02-2022, 04:49 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Temperature rising on the island as TT changes are announced. - by ian333 - 24-02-2022, 04:49 PM