Pat Hennen/Tom Herron
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pat Hennen/Tom Herron
My PC has been down for some time, and I'm using the office system.

I've just picked up on the above topic, with postings from Chip Hennen, and I'm disappointed at their tone, and also that no-one has come to Tom's defence.

Sure he was a thrawn begger, and on one famous occasion carried a black eye courtesy of his race mechanic.

When quizzed, Tom commented "I was talking when I should have been listening"

But back to the Bishopscourt accident.

As any TT or MGP rider will tell you, the run from Rhencullen to Ballaugh is near as dammit flat out, but a lot of "straight-lining" is necessary, with the bike going from verge to verge almost the whole way.

Unless you are carrying a hell of a lot more speed than your fellow rider, you do not attempt to pass, since the manoeuvre will take too much time and distance and you will spend too long alongside, with the danger that your fellow-rider will be taken across the road towards you by the line which he has no option but to follow.

If Pat was alongside Tom as Chip describes, then I have to say that he shouldn't have been there.

They had been circulating in close company for some time with, as I understand it, Tom in front on the road, so Pat clearly would not have had the speed advantage needed at that point.

I would add that I never met Tom Herron, nor anyone involved with him, but I felt that Chip's postings were less than fair to the man.

In closing, would any TT or MGP rider care to comment on my points?

Tom L perhaps?
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM

Messages In This Thread
Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 05:52 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Re: Pat Hennen/Tom Herron - by Anonymous - 07-09-2005, 06:53 PM