Home Again
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Home Again
I jumped Island on the "Viking" during the Senior Race and have just arrived home following what, in my opinion, was an excellent TT Festival.

At my age I thought I had seen the best TTs iof those Golden Days but I am sitting here telling my family all the good things about this years TT, the racing, the friends I met, the events allied to the racing and even the weather.

The racing was at its best and I even watched the sidecars this year, Helen........Watching one race at governors then the second race at Crosby showed the two aspects of two-up racing and I must admit the fear I felt after seeing them bumping and boring down Bray Hill a couple of years ago was put to the back of my mind. However I was glad to have the new Stalag-style fence at Crosby between me and Moly and his pals !!

The EMP bus tour was great and Roy and Dave re-kindled my interest in s/cs....

I was happy I was able to say some good things about the TT on Manx Radio and 3FM and have a picture of John McGuinness and me on ScarletFMs listeners board.

I have no doubt that, all things being equal I will be back in 2009, and to hell with the expense. (Yes it was a bit over the top this year in certain areas, but if you know where to eat well for a few bob and get to quality functions, one can balance out the costings)

Give Paul P and his team time, they are getting it right !!

I am now ready to sleep after a long day but still feel on a high.

Hope you all feel as I feel tonight-------"2008 was great" !!

PS I haven't stayed for the mini-TT, I am not so sure about the concept yet, but still pleased that, at least, we have two-strokes back on the island. They should be on the big course but on Billown we can see and hear them for 12 laps per race !

Finally I would like to congratulate Carl Rennie and his team for some good results considering the major problems they have encountered this year. If there is an award for "perserverance under duress", surely PRF should get it !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Home Again - by ian huntly - 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
RE: Home Again - by alf885 - 07-06-2008, 07:22 AM
RE: Home Again - by thewitch - 07-06-2008, 10:27 AM