Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback?
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback?
Well I survived the day! (Although a bit sore this morning but that is called Sunburn Lol

1st and ONLY practice session was 4 laps and I tried far too hard to try to get everything right and really struggled with getting my grip right for the fast changes of direction. According to Ex-World Championship competitor Dave Molyneux it is a 'Busy Circuit' and Matty Sayle described it as one of the most technically demanding circuits he has ridden at.

So we used the first race as a second practice session and started from the back of the grid. I managed to make some adjustments and got the G-Forces working for me on direction changes which made life easier although I was still not relaxed and my arms pumped badly. We finished 8th and out fastest lap was 1 min 54.

We skipped the second race as it was only 30 mins away and I needed a rest and time to evaluate what we had just done.

Third race of the day we again started from the back and got a reasonably decent start but after two missed gears the main pack got away from us so we passed those we could and once we realized we had got as far up as we were going to get we settled in for that position. We finished 8th and out fastest lap was 1 min 55 Sad

The last race of the day we took up our proper grid slot and got a blinding start and were trading paint with other riders into the first corner. We actually had to back out of the throttle to the chicane as the guys in front braked heavily but they had better drive out that we did. On the final lap we traded positions with Matty Sayle three times. We got past him down the back straight and I thought 'If you want to come past through the final left you are going to have to hit me' as I hung myself out as far as I could. We finished 6th and get this....out fastest last was 1min 46 Big Grin

So today I am a bit sore but looking forward to the next outing on 14th Sept.

Also congrats to Owen Clements (Ruth Laidlows Lad) on a fine debut. Hope the blistered hands don't hurt too much mate.
28-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by thewitch - 16-07-2008, 10:03 PM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by cargo - 17-07-2008, 12:07 AM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by thewitch - 17-07-2008, 08:19 AM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by thewitch - 17-07-2008, 03:34 PM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by thewitch - 22-07-2008, 02:50 PM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by Fitz - 28-07-2008, 05:49 PM
RE: Who's the fat lad making a racing comeback? - by thewitch - 28-07-2008, 08:00 PM