HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
RE: HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS
I reckon there will be some pretty serious number crunching by the manufacturers accountants in Japan and they are the guys who call the tune. For those are to young to remember, if my failing memory serves me correctly in 1968 the Honda works riders Mike Hailwood Ralph Briansall went to Japan expectinmg to test new bikes for 69 what they got was their P45s and a plane ticket home. Mike turned out at his next race on J think it was one of Reg Deardons Nortons at Mallory/

Honda never returned to racing for FIFTEEN YEARS THAT WAs because of a drop in sales due to the oil crises and inflation affecting sales, we are now facing the biggest recession since 1946.

Throughout the 70s the grids were dependant on private sponsors who dug deep in their pockets, to put bikes on the grids, Peter Padgett, Ted Broadm Syd Lawton Alan Dugdale, Eddie Crooks, Gerald Broan, Steve Wynn, Mal Carter, Hector Neil and dozens of others including myself and we all if I am correct had TT winners,

The grids were full with up to 120 starters and some of the best racing ever seen took and a lot of privateers were on the podium as well.

Just reflect on the recent disposal on Ebay of all those ex works Hondas, let no one kid themselvers it wont be the hired hands who make the decision it will be the financial controllere ans the banks who call the tune, in a financial crisis the first things that any business does is lay off employees and sell anything that can help the cashflow to pay the bills, rents, rates, Vat and Taxman.

The repo man has no mercy.
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
29-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS - by Malcolm - 23-12-2008, 03:02 PM
RE: HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS - by cargo - 23-12-2008, 03:39 PM
RE: HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS - by Stella - 23-12-2008, 06:23 PM
RE: HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS - by Tom Loughridge - 29-12-2008, 01:17 PM
RE: HM PLANT HONDA LAY OFF MECHANICS - by Stella - 30-12-2008, 11:13 PM