My father H.J.Bacon 1920's -1940's TT Racer?
tinminer Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: My father H.J.Bacon 1920's -1940's TT Racer?
(21-05-2009, 08:55 PM)G.F.Bacon Wrote: Thanks very much, Don Simons, for that very complete information on my fathers', H.J.Bacon(Bert), TT Manx racing career.
In 1947 he was well over 50 years old and he practiced for this TT, by motor cycling from Harrow to Brighton , before breakfast.He rode under the name B.Shaw, I believe,so as not to cause a family rift and it has been referred to as his "Swansong" TT.
I am taking this information gathered, from yourselves and others, along with his medals etc. to the Antiques Roadshow at Brooklands on the 31st May, as he was a gold star holder and had put up an endurance/speed Trophy in the 1930's with the Bemsee club.(British/Brooklands motor Cycle Racing Club).He was also a member of the Motor Cycle Club(MCC) and was a founding member the West Middlesex Motor Cycle Club.
I have a number of photos and even some 16mm of his motoring exploits and will be sharing this soon, including myself as a baby sat on the great Stanley Woods knee!

Bert was my grandmother's cousin and I have a photo of him on his road bike, an Ariel. I also have quite a few family photos. None of my family were aware that Bert had a son so if Graham would like to contact me I would be happy to share the phots with him......ijwright@mowi.co.uk
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2010, 09:37 AM by tinminer.)
30-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My father H.J.Bacon 1920's -1940's TT Racer? - by tinminer - 30-10-2010, 09:30 AM