Well done Mr Sprayson
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson
"Ken also operated out of a workshop on the road which comes up from Quarter bridge"

Oh yes Arthur, Ken did have a number of sites where he welded for many daylight hours and sometime on into the night.

I have often tried to list these but I think even Ken has forgotten some of them. He also was in the garage up behind the Falcon Cliff Hotel for a few years but I think most people remember his years in Nobles Park. After all it was more central for the racing and easier to find. He helped to re-design Hailwoods 500cc Honda-4 frame by the way and produced a number of special frames for other factories and for the common man !

I must add that Ken talked pure TT last night and made little mention of his welding contribution so I was please to have it mentioned almost at the end of his lecture. The part I enjoyed most was the reminding me of events I had almost forgotten, and at my age one can forget things I'm told (God Forbid)

Ken IS writing his memoirs I'm pleased to say and should be about the size of "War and Peace" by the time it comes out. I, for one, will purchase one. In the meantime Ken has two books of photographs which have been published by the VMC.. I had him sign my copies last night which promoted them to the people attending (PR)

I hope some of you will have him at a club night so you can hear him relive some of the TTs that have gone by.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
16-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Well done Mr Sprayson - by ian huntly - 16-04-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson - by Chris Maybury - 16-04-2009, 10:09 AM
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson - by ian huntly - 16-04-2009, 11:52 AM
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson - by Splashdown - 16-04-2009, 12:50 PM
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson - by MV - 16-04-2009, 02:20 PM
RE: Well done Mr Sprayson - by Arthur Lawn - 16-04-2009, 03:25 PM