Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
ian huntly Wrote:I was at a meeting last night when the subject of "Rossi at the TT" came up. Now the meeting was mainly of people who are avid TT fans like me and the consensus of opinion was that we might as well have Sir Chris Hoy, since he rides two wheels as well. One audience member said he will boo when Rossi goes past !

As a dedicated fan myself (you all know that) I could see where they were coming from and without appearing a devils advocate (I usually am) I would like you out there to answer this doubt. GP-contender Valentino is from one discipline of motorcycle racing and TT racing is another totally different discipline. However it's very good to mix them and I personally look forward to seeing "The Doctor" in person. The publicity angle is excellent and I appreciate that the TT Organisers have pulled off a real coup. But there is still a "Football style" mentality even within Motor Sport (F1 especially)

However I can see what the meeting threw up was a fairly valid observation.

Ian, I cannot agree with your last paragraph, and you disappoint me greatly.

Indeed, I believe that the conclusions reached at this meeting were extremely narrow-minded and in very poor taste.

If I were you, I would have nothing further to do with these "TT enthusiasts".
03-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races - by larryd - 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM