Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
I am disappointed at some of the whinging and griping comments here: if anyone thinks that Ago or Mike stayed in a caravan in the paddock they must be puddled! On the way up, it is always hard, but thanks to stars like the aforementioned - and modern ones like Valli, there are much better rewards for those with the talent and luck to make it to the top.
I should think that all his costs will be borne by Dainese/Yamaha, although I am concerned that MCN is involved, and wonder just how they will misquote him to go along with their editorial loathing policy on the TT since 1970.
As for the modern-day TT being a world-class event already, if it is, so is the Lesser Muckspreading Gurning Championships! It is way beyond its sell-by date in its diluted form of the last ten years plus, and could only benefit from any publicity Valentino can bring. I noted that on BBC text pages, his (an Italian) victory in Jerez was mentioned, but not Bradley Smith's first GP victory at the same venue...
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
06-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races - by PeterCourtney - 06-05-2009, 03:16 PM