North West 200 Postings (Plus Updates)
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: North West 200 Postings (Updated)
Isle of Man duo Keen and Hunt worth watching

Two newcomers worth watching in Saturday’s racing are the Isle of Man duo Daniel Kneen and Gavin Hunt.

Kneen was a double Manx Grand Prix winner last year and just recently won the second round of the British 600cc superstock championship at Oulton Park.

On Tuesday evening he had a lap of 116.028mph in the first superstock session putting him in 7th position, while he finished 18th in the supersport session.

Hunt, the son of ex-racer and Isle of Man fireman Paul Hunt, on his first visit to the Triangle circuit had a lap in excess of 112mph in the superbike class.

Relentless Suzuki by TAS boss Hector Neill was smiling from ear to ear as his three runners made it an all Suzuki provisional front row for the CP Hire Superstock race with Alastair Seeley making his road-racing debut for the team in pole closely followed by Australian Donald and Kiwi Anstey.

Guy Martin, noted for his shall we say unusual accent, came up with another gem when he said, “I have probably got the fastest superbike out there, in fact it is so fast it is pulling rabbits out of the ditches!”

Talking of his fitness he quipped, “Use a gym, boy the nearest I ever got to one of those was when someone showed me a picture of one. I use downhill mountain bike racing to keep my reflexes sharp and my fitness in tip top shape.”

Michael Dunlop was well pleased with his provisional supersport pole position saying, “I am well chuffed with that. It’s the most competitive class and it is my main goal for Saturday where I will be giving it 100%.”

Watched the BBC coverage behind the red button yet? It is well worth watching and on Saturday the last three races can be seen live.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West 200 Postings (Updated) - by Malcolm - 14-05-2009, 05:02 PM