North West 200 Postings (Plus Updates)
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: North West 200 Postings (Plus Updates)
Anstey quickest in NW200 practice

NEW Zealander Brue Anstey set the pace at Tuesday's North West 200 practice session, clocking a blistering 121.63mph.

With conditions set to deteriorate at tonight's (Thursday, May 14) practice, the Kiwi rider produced a late showing in the first session, which put him top in the Superbike class.

The TAS Relentless Suzuki rider was closely followed by HM Plant Honda rider, John McGuinness 1.4 seconds behind, with Scot, Keith Amor, edging out Steve Plater, on the final lap.

Speaking after the practice session Anstey said: "I had been trying to get a fast lap in as the weather forecast is not too hot for Thursday evening, but the bike was very twitchy and I came into the pits to try to get it sorted. The boys tweaked the suspension a little and the changes worked as we set the fastest lap. I'm well pleased with that."

Anstey has nine victories to his credit at the NW200 and few would bet against him taking his tally into double figures on Saturday.

Alistair Seeley, from Carrickfergus on board the TAS Relentless Suzuki, took top spot in the Superstocks, clocking a speed of 120.10mph.

The NW200 will be Seely's second ride onboard Hector Neil's Suzuki.

The 'Wee Wizard' who tops the Metzeler Superstock 1000 British Championship will be out to take the chequered flag on Saturday and said: "Everybody was definitely going for it in practice. However, I'm quietly confident I will have a bit more to come on race day." With Seeley's Relentless team mates Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey hot on his heels their could be a one, two and three for the Moneymore based team. Dungannon's, Ryan Farquhar also finished fourth.

In the Supersport 600, class it was Ballymoney's Michael Dunlop, who was top with 117.94mph on his Street Sweep Yamaha, 1.8secs ahead of Steve Plater, Keith Amor and Bruce Anstey.

Few could forget last year's emotionally charged 250cc race when Michael Dunlop won just days after his father Robert died from injuries sustained at Mather's Cross during the Thursday evening practice.

Michael only managed one flying lap as his Honda developed a mechanical fault although however, he still took second spot.

courtesy of UlsterNet.co.uk
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West 200 Postings (Plus Updates) - by Malcolm - 15-05-2009, 07:46 PM