What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
I know, I know the bikes are much faster now than they were in the 'old days', but surely the modern riders now seem to run a little scared of the rain. It used to be that you ran in anything and that was that. Why not now? Surely the biggest test of a rider should be the ability to ride in any weather. Is it because they are going too fast now? If so slow down for the wet bits or if you know its wet slow down and adjust your speed. You don't have to do 130 mph to win a TT, or you don't if its wet. For me I think todays problem was its not wet all the way around and this is a major problem for riders and I fully understand them not running if its wet in bits and not in others, as coming accross bits that are wet all of a sudden is far too risky because of the fact you can not adjust your speed fast enough. That I do and can understand. But what if its wet all the way around?

I do understand that there is a risk involved, and that risk increases with the rain, but this can surely be negated alot by the speed? Is it the tyres? Well if its the tyre temp then full wets should be used and because of the blocks being closer and more of them this increases the temp. So why not run in them?

It seems to me that there are a few people that say they won't ride in the wet and yet others will, so is it ran for the few and not for the masses?

Just a question to throw out there for discussion, not saying that the current riders are wimps. But ........
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM by DCLUCIE.)
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by MV - 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM