TT2009 - Your Comments
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments
I think the DTL cirtainly made the biggest mistakes of all through out the TT. People were being given tickets at a massive discount for some of the events at the Villa. This really annoyed all those who had paid the full price just the day before. There was no real geat entertainment during the TT fortnight, people were wandering around looking for things to do. There was no real implimentation plan put in place if the racing was delayed, why not move entertainment to the days that are free.

There should really be a fun day for riders and bikers, we were discussing exactly the same thing with Bill the other night, and he came up with a great idea, turn Mad Sunday back into the fun day it used to be. Charge the riders for going over the mountain one way, this can be used for the Helicopter fund, or free if you are in fancy dress. Organised ride outs including the mountain, could be given times for the mountain, just like tee times in golf, so they can enjoy the ride over the mountain without the worry of being taken out by some numpty thinking they are riding for TAS. They could also publish the times in the program so lovers of a particular typor make of bike can get up to the mountain and watch or take pics of the bikes they love.

Organise different events around the Island for the non race days that can easily be moved if the race dates change so this has two benefits, 1st that everyone can enjoy the event without missing any of the racing 2nd that the organisers of the event get the support they deserve from the people that would normally be out either watching the bikes or marshalling.

But I have to say that apart from the lack of good events, the racing was absolutely brill. The only thing I might suggest is moving the Senior to Wednesday. Yeh I know this breaks with tradition, but having the last race of the week a 6 lapper may not be a good idea, for some of the riders doing the six laps after a full weeks racing maybe just a step too far. Moving the 6 lapper into the week gives them a chance to be fresher and also it makes Friday a more relaxing day if they move a 4 lap race to the Friday. Its just a thought, and something I would like to throw in there to see what people think.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2009, 01:53 PM by DCLUCIE.)
25-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
TT2009 - Your Comments - by Malcolm - 13-06-2009, 08:10 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by pykey - 14-06-2009, 09:08 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by cargo - 14-06-2009, 10:02 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by George - 14-06-2009, 11:06 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by ian huntly - 15-06-2009, 04:02 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by George - 15-06-2009, 07:35 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by ttwebsite - 24-06-2009, 07:17 PM
RE: TT2009 - Your Comments - by DCLUCIE - 25-06-2009, 01:48 PM