Parade laps - what's your opinion?
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion?
(14-06-2010, 07:17 PM)pykey Wrote: my view is it was good a few years ago but as i dont bother with the TT anymore is seems strange to bring over moto gp riders what does it prove?

I believe that the entry fee for the parade lap this year was £200, with the amount of bikes in the" lap" somebody made a bob or two. It would be nice to think that some of that money was donated to the TTRA, was it ?.

I s'pose that one of the snags with TT bikes, and ex riders is that not many still own their bikes, one guy that I spoke to told me that his bike was a long ago TT machine, and if he as non TT competitor was stopped from riding it he would not take it to the TT to parade it in the "lap". I also believe that there were machines taking part that had never been to the IOM, perhaps riders as well.. If it raises money for a good cause,(TTRA), I could put up with it, if only for the wonderful sounds some of them make. If it is to subsidise the likes of Motogp stares coming to the TT.......NO. By the way did Suzuki pick up the tab for Caparossi's visit as part of their 50th anniversary celebrations, or did it come out of the TT budget ?. I really do think things like that should be made public, have they ?.
14-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by Jo Rowe - 13-06-2010, 10:17 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by pykey - 14-06-2010, 07:17 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by pat slinn - 14-06-2010, 07:45 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by chris - 14-06-2010, 10:23 PM