Parade laps - what's your opinion?
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion?
Lots of great comments to agree with.. one of the few things done right here in the states.. is that for about 2 hours in the pits, they have a few tables with some of the past great racers and have posters with their pictures one them to sell... then the racers autograph them... the proceeds of selling the posters usually go to a support fund...

It is a LOT of fun to hear some of the old greats joke back and forth while signing away... plus some of the fans recount a certain memory of some race they got to see their hero race... Now back in 2004, there was a nice dinner put on for the 50th anniversary of the 1954 BSA assault on Daytona... all but two of the top 10 racers were there (those two had past away)... It was such an great evening..!! Each racer got handed a microphone.. stories were told... lots of laughter... a few tears... One of the top racers, I think it was Kenny Eggers stated this event was a bigger apprectiation for them, than when he actually won Daytona... And one guy also stated that this was likely to be the last time all these guys would be toghether again.... sadly that has become truth....

But what a great time..!! There were a few hundred at that dinner, and included in the cost of the dinner ticker, us 300 or so paid a few dollars more than the meal, to cover the STARS meals, and a few adult beverages... a fun time was had by all..

I imagine there would be a lot more than a few hundred people willing to get 30 seconds with some past TT racers... and yes I would pay just to see them all together in one spot..!!
Cheers..!
Ron - Long live the TT and MGP..!!
24-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by Jo Rowe - 13-06-2010, 10:17 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by pykey - 14-06-2010, 07:17 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by chris - 14-06-2010, 10:23 PM
RE: Parade laps - what's your opinion? - by Gstarron - 24-06-2010, 03:36 PM