SWAN HONDA TOP PRACTICE TIMES AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA TOP PRACTICE TIMES AT OULTON PARK
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda’s James Ellison set the pace at Oulton Park today following the opening two free practice sessions at Oulton Park for the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Ellison waited until the closing five minutes of the session to displace Title Fighter Josh Brookes from the top of the times to put the Swan Honda fastest ahead of tomorrow’s Swan Combi Roll for Pole and opening race. Stuart Easton meanwhile continued to work on various setting changes and is confident that he can return to the forefront tomorrow.

Ellison said:

“The first session this morning was not as good for me as I was always going to be playing catch up on the settings as I didn’t race here earlier in the season. We spent time after the first session looking at the data and then we came out for the second session with a better idea on direction and it was enough to put us at the top at the end of the day. We still have some changes to make in the morning but generally I am happy and looking forward to the race tomorrow.”

Easton said:

“It hasn’t been the best day on paper for me but I know what we need to work on tomorrow to make improvements. We went well here earlier in the season and now we are thirteenth but I know we can get closer tomorrow. We are going to revert back to the settings we used earlier in the year for tomorrow morning and see if we can find that extra pace ahead of qualifying. I think we should then be in a better position ahead of the first race.”

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, free practice two:

James Ellison (Swan Honda) 1m:36.256
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.088s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.246s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.327s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.424s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.584s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.641s
Yukio Kagayama (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.823s
Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +1.183s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +1.251s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM by Malcolm.)
08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Website Find Reply