More Points For GNS Racing Honda At Oulton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
More Points For GNS Racing Honda At Oulton
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

GNS Racing Honda rounded out their 2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship season at Oulton Park today with points scoring finishes for both newly crowned champion Sam Lowes from Lincoln and Derbyshire rider Christian Iddon despite both riders encountering problems.

The duo recorded 8th and 13th place respectively at the Cheshire venue and it was a weekend of celebration for the team with Sam picking up the Champion's trophy and the team picking up the coveted Team Merit Award presented by ENI, the official fuel partner, for their efforts during the season.

For Lowes, the weekend didn't end in the fashion he would have hoped as 8th place was the only time he'd been off the podium in the 11 races he'd finished this year but a practice crash left him back in 9th on the grid and his race was then further compromised when a first-corner collision left him with damaged handlebars. He gamely battled on and clawed his way up into the top six before slipping back slightly in the closing stages with clutch problems to eventually claim 8th place and finish the season with a winning margin of 33 points.

For Iddon, it was also a tough weekend with a few minor technical issues affecting him in practice whilst he also had to start the 12-lap race from pitlane after the electronic dashboard stopped working on the warm-up lap. The problem was soon rectified and despite starting dead last, he worked his way excellently through the field to be rewarded with a hard-earned 13th place.

Sam Lowes:

"The bent handlebars compromised my race as I couldn't ride as I wanted to but I concentrated hard on staying out of trouble after that and keeping everything clean and I was able to move up a few places. It's slightly disappointing to end the season with an 8th but this weekend was all about getting the trophy and to finally get my hands on it is mega. I couldn't cap the year off with a win but it's been a great season and I've got to say a massive thanks to the team for making it all happen. I think we've done each other proud and I've been able to repay them for all their hard work with the title and I want to wish them all the best for 2011. I've got the World Championship to look forward to now and I'm going to be doing everything I can over the winter to make sure I come out fighting for the title and the race wins."

Christian Iddon:

"The dash went out on me on the warm-up lap so I thought it best to come in and get the guys to check it out but once we'd turned the bike off and on again, it cleared itself although starting from pit lane was obviously a bit of a disadvantage. I had a good first lap though and after that I just picked people off one by one. It's been an up and down year for me but I've been delighted to end the season with GNS Racing and with the British Championship-winning team. They're very professional and it's been an absolute pleasure working with them."

Gary Stubbington, Team Owner:

"To end the year with both the Riders' Championship and the Team Merit Award is absolutely brilliant and I'm over the moon with how the season has gone. The last round has been slightly disappointing, but we've enjoyed ourselves massively and I'm very, very happy. The trophies we've picked up are for all the team members who have been simply awesome all year long and it's because of all their work and effort that we've achieved what we have. The bikes have been brilliant all year long and it's been an unbelievable season for everyone concerned so roll on 2011!"

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship result (12 laps)

1 Ben Wilson (Kawasaki) 19m57.002s
2 James Westmoreland (Yamaha) +0.873s
3 Jack Kennedy (Yamaha) +3.492s
4 Glen Richards (Honda) +5.983s
5 Billy McConnell (Yamaha) +6.044s
6 Paul Young (Triumph) +11.652s
7 Marshall Neill (Honda) +12.405s
8 Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) +13.256s
9 Lee Johnston (Triumph) +15.531s
10 Luke Mossey (Triumph) +20.332s
13 Christian Iddon (GNS Racing Honda) +24.500s

Final Championship standings (after 12 rounds)

1 Sam Lowes (GNS Racing Honda) 229
2 James Westmoreland 196
3 Ben Wilson 135
4 Jack Kennedy 121
5 Billy McConnell 115
6 Graeme Gowland 105
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Website Find Reply