Motorpoint Yamaha - Oulton Park Season Finale
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha - Oulton Park Season Finale
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

The curtain came down on the 2010 British Superbike series in dramatic form this weekend at a sun kissed Oulton Park in Cheshire.

40,000 race fans packed into this classic racing venue and witnessed one of the most exciting finale’s ever seen.

With three riders and three races over the weekend it was very much a test of nerves as well race craft, in the end it was the ‘Ice man’ from the East Ryuchi Kyonari stayed cool, and dominated all three races to take home his third British Superbike championship for HM Plant Honda ahead of teammate Josh Brookes and Tommy Hill Worxs Suzuki.

For the Motorpoint Yamaha team of Dan Linfoot and Loris Baz Oulton to proved to a mixed bag of results.

Loris continued in his steep learning curve with his new Superbike and new circuits while Dan finished the year with the same luck that has plagued him most of the season.

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha

“This was an incredible weekend for me; three races meant I got to learn many things about the bike and the circuit and for the last race to finish in 6th position were a great reward for me and the team. To see the level of the British Championship riders, teams and the fans has been amazing”

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha

“I’m pretty gutted to finish the year with another luckless weekend, I had got through to 5th position in the second race only to get caught out with the oil at the last corner and suffer a crash, and a bad start in the last race and a 10th position is not how I envisaged finishing the season! It has been a tough year but great experience and I am looking forward to 2011”

Rob Mac

“Another year speeds past! We had a good weekend all in all, with all the ups and downs to finish with Dan and Loris right on the pace and battling with the title contenders bodes well for our winter and our plans for 2011.

A big thank you to Motorpoint, Yamaha all our partners for their support and commitment through this tough year and we are already making plans to repay them all in 2011!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Website Find Reply