Hill reflects on 'devastating' Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill reflects on 'devastating' Oulton Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Worx Crescent Suzuki's Tommy Hill has spoken of his devastation after missing out on a maiden MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship crown at Oulton Park after dramatically crashing out of the second race of the weekend.

Hill had an eleven point advantage coming into the season finale and the Worx Crescent Suzuki rider took a strong second place in the opening race of the Showdown. However, Hill's elation to turned to anguish in the second race as he crashed out with James Ellison whilst trying to pass into Lodge. Hill rejoined the race, but with the bike severely damaged it caused him to crash for a second time at the same place just two laps later. This handed the title lead to Ryuichi Kiyonari who went on to take a hat trick of victories to secure the crown.

[Image: tommyhill.jpg]

Hill said:

"I'm devastated. The team has put so much effort into this championship, and we wanted this championship so bad and it's just not happened. It has been an incredible year, though. We started fantastic, we were fastest in testing and we started the season so well. The pressure then came on but we responded and stayed at the front, so for it to go away in one race, well, we're all disappointed. I just have to thank everyone in the Worx Crescent Suzuki team, they've been incredible and they've given me the championship of my life. I have had such fantastic support from the fans too and hopefully I will get the chance to come back fighting next season."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Website Find Reply