Laverty eases in at high speed
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty eases in at high speed
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

As debuts in WSBK go, Eugene Laverty's first testing outing on the official Yamaha Sterilgarda R1 at the Magny-Cours circuit was in the top echelon, as he left the two-day test with the fastest (unofficial) time.

His team was even more impressed with his calm approach and ability to get up to speed quickly, particularly as the first day of testing was held in horribly tricky wet conditions. On day two, in the dry he set the fastest time of the test, recorded at 1'38.7 by his team. On day two Laverty set 118 laps.
[Image: elafferty1.jpg]

"A great first test on the Yamaha," said Eugene afterwards. "I really surprised myself, it's not often I exceed my own expectations as I'm very realistic normally. I really didn't expect to go quite as quick or feel quite as comfortable so soon. I didn't want to do anything silly and give the team the wrong impression so have just been taking it step by step learning the bike. I thought I would have to do more laps to get a good feeling but felt pretty good by lunchtime today. To have a good base leaving the first test and got over the nervousness is great. The team has made me feel very welcome; the working relationship is great so I'm looking forward to continuing into the race season next year."

Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team Manager, said of his new charge,

"I think it has been an impressive test from Eugene, especially his calm approach. I think as a first test his integration into the team was really good. It seems that he was riding his bike already and he was able to be very consistent with really good lap times straight away in both wet and dry conditions, this gives me a lot of confidence for next year. In the end I don't feel we could have expected a better test result, it has been a very positive two days."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Website Find Reply