Lorenzo leads off at Phillip Island
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lorenzo leads off at Phillip Island
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The World Champion set the fastest time in FP1 at the Iveco Australian Grand Prix on a wet Phillip Island track, with Ducati duo Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden in the top three.

After a delayed start due to wet weather conditions the MotoGP class completed the opening practice of the Iveco Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island on Friday, and newly-crowned World Champion Jorge Lorenzo was the quickest rider around the circuit. Setting the standard with a time of 1’41.146 the Fiat Yamaha rider underlined his pre-stated determination to round off his title-winning 2010 campaign in winning style.

Casey Stoner was next up at 0.334s down on Lorenzo’s time as the Australian, who has won at his home circuit for the past three seasons, brought his factory Desmosedici GP10 home ahead of Ducati team-mate Nicky Hayden. The American was 0.151s off Stoner as the riders began to see a dry line forming towards the end of the hour-long session..

[Image: lorenzo1philisland.jpg]

Marco Simoncelli was fourth in the order as the San Carlo Honda Gresini rookie battled rear grip to set a best time of 1’41.881, with his team-mate Marco Melandri fifth and the final rider to get within a second of Lorenzo. Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) completed the top six.

Coming in seventh fastest was Valentino Rossi on his Fiat Yamaha M1, with Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) and Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki) all in the top ten.

Back on track for the first time since he fractured his collarbone in Japan exactly two weeks ago Dani Pedrosa completed seven laps, before concluding his session just before the half-hour mark having posted a best time of 1’51.210.

Completing just three laps in the session and opting to avoid any unnecessary risks on a track on which he won a WSBK race last season was Ben Spies (Monster Yamaha Tech 3).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Website Find Reply