2010 Sunflower Trophy: Supersport podiums for Lowes, Ellison
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
2010 Sunflower Trophy: Supersport podiums for Lowes, Ellison
[Image: bikesportnewslogo.jpg]

Parkalgar Honda pair Sam Lowes and James Ellison both bagged podium positions in today's Supersport races at Bishopscourt's Sunflower Trophy with Lowes coming second in race one and Ellison second in race two at the Irish track.

Lowes was in a battle for first with Marshall Neill, on a near-identical Wilson Craig bike but made a small mistake to let him through while Ellison was in front for a majority of race two but an altercation with Neill saw him take to the grass and finish runner up. The pair then finished eighth and ninth in the main event against Superbikes.

“What a mega start with the team. It is different in a lots of areas to what I am used to and in a very good way. I have got to know Phil Marron my crew chief and the Parkalgar Honda – there is so much potential here and I can’t wait to get back out," said Lowes.

"The first race was great and went down to the last lap but I broke hard and on to one wheel into a corner allowing Marshall through for the win. In the second race I got a great start but had to pull in a little later which was a shame. The race against the Superbikes was good fun as I could push them in the corners but on the straights they were difficult to live with. This is a mega start and I am really happy with everything.”

Ellison added: "Riding a 600 after a Superbike felt a little weird at first but I was starting to gel with it towards the end of the day and took a second off my qualifying time in the race. I led most of the second race but Marshall made some forceful passes and I had to roll off the throttle to avoid going on the grass. Third time around I went on to the grass and lost four seconds but nearly caught him up in the last lap."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2010, 09:53 PM by Malcolm.)
16-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Website Find Reply