Alex Lowes considering his options following Superbike test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Alex Lowes considering his options following Superbike test
Motorcycle star Alex Lowes could graduate to the British Superbike Championship next season after being handed a test by the MSS Colchester Kawasaki squad.

Lowes completed the 2010 season in the British Supersport Championship with Seton Interceptor Yamaha, and they retain first option on the Lincoln race ace for 2011.

But after completing test sessions for the factory-back Kawasaki team recently, the lure of British racing's blue riband class could prove too strong to resist for the 20-year-old.

MSS are not the only Superbike team to be showing an interest in Lowes.

The Scunthorpe-based Motorpoint Yamaha team, run by former TT winner Rob McElnea, are also believed to be ready to hand him a test.

However, if Lowes does decide to leave the Seton team, MSS would appear to be the most lucrative option.

The team will run the all-new and much-feted Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R next year, which is expected to transform the outfit from midfield also-rans into potential race winners.

MSS have already snapped up highly-rated Scot Stuart Easton for 2011, with the identity of their second rider to be unveiled soon.

While Lowes is a strong contender for the second ride, he could face competition from British Superbike champion Ryuichi Kiyonari.

The Japanese ace scorched to his third British title earlier this month with HM Plant Honda.

However, as the Louth-based are team yet to finalise their plans for 2011, Kiyonari is believed to be exploring other options in the Superbike paddock.

But if MSS do plump for Lowes, fellow Colchester-based team Seton will be loathed to lose their star rider, who displayed race-winning pace at the end of last season.

Following the final round of the season at Oulton Park, Lowes indicated he was prepared to stay and challenge for the British Supersport crown next year, although he suggested he had other options, too.

"Next year it looks like I'll be in the team again and we'll be trying to win the championship," said the former North Kesteven School pupil, whose twin brother Sam won the title this year.

"Nothing is signed, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I've spoken to a few other people, but if it's not broke, why fix it?"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Website Find Reply