Camier ready for testing action
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Camier ready for testing action
[Image: camierheadshot2.jpg]

Leon Camier has now completed his off-bike recovery after breaking the scaphoid bone in his right wrist at the Nürburgring round, and is scheduled to take part in a three-day comeback test at the new WSBK venue of Aragon between 27 and 29 October.

"My wrist is pretty good now and I am all ready to go testing at Aragon next week," said Leon. "I have no more medical checks to do, and have been having a lot of physio on my wrist, trying to get more movement in it. But I need to get back on a bike to push it as far as I can; it is difficult to do any training to replicate that kind of use. The first test for us is not about trying any new things, and the bikes will be the same. It is about learning the new circuit, and seeing how my wrist is."

Leon had some fantastic podium results in his rookie WSBK year in 2010, but also suffered in other ways, the biggest blow being his late season wrist injury, which meant missing the final few races. He was still 12th overall, missing a top ten finish by only five points. He scored three podiums at circuits in year one. Camier gave his own verdict on how things were, and how he expects to fare in 2011.

"I had some good points and bad points this year," he stated. "I think the potential of the whole thing is more than we got out of it, and there are a few reasons why that happens. I am sort of medium with it. We could have done a lot better but we know what we can do to be better next year. As long as that happens then hopefully it should be pretty good."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Website Find Reply