REDDING AND FAUBEL AIMING HIGH AT ESTORIL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
REDDING AND FAUBEL AIMING HIGH AT ESTORIL
[Image: motogplogo.gif]
[Image: moto2.gif]

Scott Redding heads for the penultimate round of the 2010 Moto2 World Championship determined to capitalise on the run of form that saw him finish second last time out in Australia. Hector Faubel is looking for a confidence boosting result at Estoril, ahead of his home Grand Prix at Valencia.

Second place at Phillip Island moved Redding back up to tenth place in the series standings and the Marc VDS rider knows that good results in the final two races of the season could see him finish as high as seventh in the first ever Moto2 World Championship.

A fifth front row start and second place in Australia have boosted Redding's confidence significantly and, despite never having ridden a Moto2 bike at Estoril before, the British youngster heads to Portugal with a third podium finish firmly in his sights.

Faubel's Australian Grand Prix ended just seven corners into the race when he was involved in a collision with wildcard rider, Wayne Maxwell. The 27-year-old Spaniard heads for Portugal determined to make amends and to build his confidence with a good performance, ahead of his home race, and the final race of the season, at Valencia in two weeks time.

[Image: redding2.jpg]

Scott Redding #45

"The Estoril track is pretty good although I'm sure, like most of the tracks we've raced at this season, it's going to seem very different on the Moto2 bike compared to the 125cc machine I raced there before. We'll have to see how things go in practice on Friday, but I'm confident going into this weekend following the podium finish in Australia and I don't see why we shouldn't repeat that success in Portugal. Two good results in the final two races could see me has high as seventh in the championship at the end of the season, so it'll be full gas once again this weekend!"

Hector Faubel #55

"After the bad luck in Australia I hope we can secure a better result in Estoril this weekend. We have shown that we can finish in the points on a regular basis, but now I want to aim higher in the final two races of the season, starting this weekend in Portugal. A good result this weekend will build confidence ahead of the final race at Valencia, which is a very important weekend for me, as it's my home Grand Prix."

Michael Bartholemy: Team Manager

"With a front row start and second place in Australia Scott had a good end to the flyaway races and I hope he can carry this momentum through to Estoril. Scott's confidence is high and he heads to Portugal looking for another podium finish to add to his tally, and also to improve his position in the championship standings. I have every confidence that he can achieve both this weekend. Hector had a difficult race in Australia and he needs to rebuild his confidence with a good performance in Estoril, ahead of his home race in Valencia just one week later."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply