Guy Martin signs for Northern Ireland-based Suzuki team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Guy Martin signs for Northern Ireland-based Suzuki team
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

Guy Martin has signed for the Northern Ireland-based Relentless Suzuki team for the 2011 season.

The 28-year-old from Kirmington in Lincolnshire is considered to be one of the most highly regarded road racers in the world.

Martin has won at the Ulster Grand Prix but has still to top the podium at the North West 200 and the Isle of Man TT.

"They are a proven team. This is the best ride of my career and I cannot wait to get stuck in," said Martin.

"I have been so near to winning at the North West and TT, but it will come and this is the best team for the job.

"We will have the best bikes out there."

The Relentless team is owned by Hector Neill and his son Philip who and is based at Moneymore in County Londonderry.

Bruce Anstey from New Zealand and Australian Cameron Donald are two of their most successful road racers in recent years.

The team also competes in the British Superbike Championship.

Philip Neill said he had been a fan of Martin's for a number of years.

"I always thrive on a challenge and I love Guy's free spirit," he said.

"He is a talented rider and has been unlucky over the past couple of seasons not to have won at the North West 200 or Isle of Man TT. Our ultimate goal is to help him fulfil that dream on Suzuki machinery."

There is still intense speculation over who Martin will have as a team-mate on the roads. TAS tested with Michael Dunlop only two weeks ago.

They are believed to be in talks with him and Ian Hutchinson, and they still have not cut their ties with 2010 riders Donald and Anstey
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM by Malcolm.)
01-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Guy Martin signs for Northern Ireland-based Suzuki team
Wow, this makes the prospects of the 2011 TT even more exciting.

I still hope Bruce Anstey and Cam Donald will be members of TAS in 2011 but if TAS are negotiating with Michael Dunlop and Hutchy they clearly mean business !!!

I had dreams that perhaps John McGuinness would have been poached as well................

Roll on the days to TT 2011.. Should be a real cracker !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
03-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Website Find Reply