Southern 100 - 2009 Solo Champion Set to Return in 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Southern 100 - 2009 Solo Champion Set to Return in 2011
[Image: s100hdr2011.jpg]

Guy Martin, took the 2009 Southern ‘100’ Solo Championship title after a titanic nine-lap battle with friend and rival Ryan Farquhar by the merest of margins, 1/10th of a second.

The Lincolnshire man was all set to return in July 2010 to defend his much cherished title, but a serious incident during the Senior TT put him out of contention to compete.

Guy did however make the trip to the Southside venue in the Isle of Man to support the organisers and sponsors, meet his legion of fans and soak up the unique atmosphere of ‘the friendly races’, vowing to return to race in 2011.

The Kirmington star recently surprised the road racing fraternity, signing a deal with the Relentless Suzuki by TAS team, based in Moneymore, Northern Ireland for the 2011 road racing season.

In addition to riding in the three annual International road race events in Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, Guy has confirmed that he will represent the team at the Southern 100 and Scarborough Gold Cup meetings, both of which carry F.I.M International status and are held on the long established Billown course on the outskirts of Castletown in the Isle of Man and Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough in North Yorkshire.

[Image: guytas1.jpg]

Race Secretary of the Southern 100, George Peach said:

‘Guy was devastated last July when he was unable to attempt to retain his Solo Championship title and promised to be back in 2011.

"It is a tremendous fillip for the club to learn of Guy’s commitment to the Southern 100 next year and will obviously please his fans both here on the Island and further afield that they will have a chance to see him in action on the Relentless Suzuki’s around the technical Billown Course next July."

Guy, who has just turned 29, joins the illustrious Ulster outfit of Philip and Hector Neill's international road racing team returning to his original road racing roots, having raced between the hedges firstly for Sam Finlay of Stoneyford before moving to Uel Duncan’s team based in Carrigans, County Donegal.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Website Find Reply