Ellison targets World Championship with Parkalgar Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison targets World Championship with Parkalgar Honda
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

James Ellison is going for glory in the World Supersport Championship as a third rider for the PTR operated Parkalgar Honda team that has finished runner up in the Championship for the last two years and recorded 12 victories out of 25-starts.

Rules mean that teams can only field two riders maximum, so Ellison will ride for the newly created PTR Parkalgar Honda squad alongside the existing Parkalgar Honda team of Sam Lowes and Miguel Praia.

Ellison will be a single rider within the team but PTR is investigating funding and rider options for a team mate to join him.

A double European Superstock Champion, World Endurance Champion, MotoGP racer, British Superbike runner-up and multiple race winner, Ellison at 30 brings a wealth of experience and ability to the team. It is a direct switch from BSB national level racing to World Championship as he aims to prove his ability at the highest level.

Ellison said:

“I am very excited to be racing for PTR Parkalgar Honda in the World Supersport Championship, it is a proven race winning team that will give me the bike and opportunity to show what I am capable of.

“These sort of chances don’t come along everyday and after riding the PTR Parkalgar Honda bike a couple of times I know how fast it really is and that I should be able to compete for wins and the Championship. That is my aim, and the team’s so we share the same ambition.

“I am looking forward to working with Sam and Miguel, with my experience I hope to be able to help them both realise their full potential. I am determined to show the world what James Ellison is capable of and this is the best opportunity I could wish for, I can’t wait for the season to start.”

Ellison has already raced for the PTR Parkalgar Honda team at the Sunflower races in Ireland and enjoyed a wet but productive test at Mallory Park. In both cases he impressed with his ability to adapt to the bike, feedback and work ethic.

PTR Parkalgar Honda Team Manager Simon Buckmaster said:

“We are delighted to welcome James to the team and to expand our racing activities with the support of Parkalgar, the circuit near Portimao in Portugal.

“James’ experience will be a major benefit to Sam and Miguel to help all three riders achieve their potential in the World Supersport Championship.

“It is clear that this is a big break for James, if he performs well in the World Championship then his career will go into fast forward and we are already talking about the potential of a World Superbike team built round him in 2012 subject to his results and the team’s funding.

“Well done and thank you to Parkalgar for investing in its race team and expanding its efforts and support. Without Parkalgar this would not be possible.”

Ellison will join Lowes and Praia at the official World Supersport team tests starting in January at Parkalgar in Portugal.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Website Find Reply