Danny steps up to SSTK1000!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Danny steps up to SSTK1000!
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

MSS Colchester Kawasaki is looking to a colourful future with 17-year-old Danny Buchan as he moves up to the Superstock 1000 championship in 2011. The young Team Green ‘graduate’ Buchan had an impressive season in 2010, his debut at national level racing, in the Superstock 600 class and both MSS Colchester and Kawasaki UK are proud to continue their relationship with the promising youngster as he steps aboard the all-new Ninja ZX-10R for 2011.

The lanky lad, who is local to the MSS Colchester Kawasaki race team workshop, has been supported through his still fledgling career by both Kawasaki UK’s Team Green race programme and Nick Morgan’s MSS Colchester British Superbike race team, so it is a very positive step for rider, team and manufacturer. His astonishing 2010 season showed Buchan’s talent and potential as he put in amazingly mature and professional performances week after week while getting to grips with not only the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R machine but also racing at a national level in the highly prominent BSB series.

The step up to the 1000cc production-based Superstock class for 2011 shouldn’t be underestimated for the 17-year-old but it’s a very natural one for both Danny and the MSS Colchester team as they welcome the exciting new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R machine for the coming season. Danny tested the out-going Superstock ZX-10R machine recently at Mallory Park and put in impressive lap times for his debut on the larger capacity bike.

A clearly excited Danny said;

“I’m really looking forward to this massive challenge on the new Ninja, I loved 2010 with the team and I’m confident in doing well for the 2011 season. I feel really proud to be part of Team Green and know other young riders will get the benefit also.”

MSS Colchester Kawasaki Team Manager Nick Morgan,

“It’s fantastic for us to continue our relationship with Danny, in fact relationship couldn’t be a better word because he really is part of the family round here. It’s a fantastic chance for Dan, us at MSS Colchester Kawasaki and Kawasaki UK because it is investment in all of our racing futures. Having Danny on the Ninja ZX-6R in Junior Superstock for 2010 showed his talent is right up there with a truly magnificent performance in his debut season. Ultimately it wasn’t the series win we had grown to think could happen but overall his season was terrific and we know it was only the smallest of steps away.

It was always part of the grand plan for him to move up to the 1000cc bike with his height lending itself to the bigger machine but on the back of his great performance this year, and with the new Ninja ZX-10R arriving, the time is absolutely right for the lad. It’s a tough championship with some very professional teams and experienced riders but if Danny is going to progress it is a great series to continue his learning curve within.”

Kawasaki Motors UK Sales and Marketing Manager, Michael Johnstone, says it is proof positive for the Team Green programme,

“Danny had a brilliant year in 2010 considering it was his debut season at national level. It proves his talent, of course, but it also proves Kawasaki’s investment in the young and talented riders in the UK is a success. We’re extremely happy that Danny is moving up to the Superstock 1000 class as it will continue his steep learning curve as a professional motorcycle racer. Good luck to him and Nick Morgan’s team for the coming season!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Website Find Reply