ITV INCREASES TT RACES COVERAGE WITH NEW LONG TERM DEAL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ITV INCREASES TT RACES COVERAGE WITH NEW LONG TERM DEAL
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

Department of Economic Development confirms new TV contract

North One has negotiated a new deal with ITV on behalf of the Department of Economic Development to broadcast the Isle of Man TT Races, fuelled by Monster Energy, in 2011, 2012 and 2013. The new agreement will increase the hours of coverage that the broadcaster dedicates to the event.

Fourteen hours of daily highlights of the legendary motorbike racing series will be shown on ITV4 throughout the road race festival, including preview, behind the scenes and qualifying programmes. There will also be a number of special programmes, including an exclusive look at the making of next year’s feature film TT3D.

Next year is the centenary of the mountain course, and a raft of special guests, events and celebrations are planned. Clips of all the action, all the excitement from the festival and the full highlights programmes will also be available on ITV.com.

ITV4 is the UK’s 10th most popular digital channel and is available to 93 percent of homes, free-to-air on all digital platforms including Freesat, Freeview, Sky and Virgin Media. The channel has an established reputation for broadcasting premium sport, which this year has included the FIFA World Cup, UEFA Europa League, Indian Premier League cricket and the Tour de France. Other motorsport broadcast by ITV includes the British Touring Car Championship, World Touring Cars and Motorsport UK.

Niall Sloane, ITV Controller of Sport said:

“The Isle of Man TT is a legendary sporting event, with a unique atmosphere that has always proven popular with viewers. I’m delighted that we have secured the TT on ITV4 until 2013.”

Neil Duncanson, CEO of North One Television said:

“ITV4’s real commitment to the TT was a key reason in pulling together a long term agreement. Not only will the races get prime time slots, but the marketing and promotion of the TT across the nation’s premier commercial network is extremely valuable.”

Allan Bell, MHK, Minister, Economic Development, commented:

“Television coverage of the TT is an important part of what we are trying to achieve for the Isle of Man’s economy, both in terms of promoting the many facets that the Isle of Man has to offer and also with regard to our commercial strategy for the races. I am delighted that we have been able to secure significant support from one of the UK’s leading broadcasters which is a positive reflection on the event’s strength and success.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

Threads: 3
RE: ITV INCREASES TT RACES COVERAGE WITH NEW LONG TERM DEAL
I can only say well done to all concerned........Including the Isle of Man Government for signing North One TV to do the job the so called local motorsport experts should have done for years instead of starving us of good programmes!

Bring on 2011!
28-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
RE: ITV INCREASES TT RACES COVERAGE WITH NEW LONG TERM DEAL
Just an idea. When they are doing the TV coverage could they not mention the MGP, with a small section on the last programme showing what the fans could see by revisiting the island. I am sure it would help attract some more visitors who might not know what the MGP is all about.
30-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Find Reply