Conor Cummins targets Brands Hatch return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Conor Cummins targets Brands Hatch return
[Image: bbcsport.gif]

Isle of Man rider Conor Cummins is targeting the opening round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship
for his return to racing.

[Image: lougherteamlaunch.jpg]

The 24-year-old was sitting fifth in the 2010 championship before his season was ended by a high speed crash in the Senior race at the Isle of Man TT.

Cummins is still striving for full fitness but says his goal of returning at Brands Hatch gives him motivation.

"It's been a difficult six months but I am more determined than ever," he said.

"Obviously I still have a long way to go but I am working extremely hard every single day. I will do everything I can to be fit and ready to race at the opening round at Brands Hatch in April."

The Ramsey man is currently engaged in a full-time schedule of physiotherapy, including use of the island's hyperbaric chamber.

"At the moment I can't set a date for a return but I will be working like the clappers to be back racing as soon as possible. It's what I do," he said.

Cummins is set to team up with Victor Cox for a second consecutive year at Ian Lougher's Blackhorse Kawasaki team for the 2011 Championship.

The 24-year-old from Wiltshire was drafted in to replace the injured Cummins after his TT crash and delivered a string of fine performances, despite only spending half the season with the team.

Both riders will ride the new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R in 2011 and team boss Lougher is excited at the prospect.

'We are very pleased to have signed two of the best young talents in the class," he said.

"We'll go into 2011 with arguably the strongest team and everyone within the squad is really looking forward to working with Conor and Victor next year."

The team will look to start testing for the new season towards the end of February and Lougher is hoping Cummins will be ready.

"What he has been through is massive but he is very determined and lives for his racing. We can't wait to have him back with us," added Lougher.

Lougher himself will again take in selected race meetings in 2011, including the Isle of Man TT, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix.

Photo Courtesy: Kawasaki UK
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2010, 11:30 PM by Malcolm.)
06-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Website Find Reply