Seeley in Supersport switch with Relentless Suzuki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley in Supersport switch with Relentless Suzuki
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Ulsterman Alastair Seeley with spearhead Suzuki's official effort in the 2011 British Supersport Championship on the all-new GSX-R600.

Seeley will also have a full stable of Relentless by TAS Racing Suzuki GSX-R machinery for the International North West 200; the only road race he currently participates in during the season. The diminutive Carrickfergus rider was the first Irishman in 13 years to win the NW200 Superbike race earlier this year, also taking the opening Supersport race victory.

Team manager Philip Neill is delighted to be back in the British Supersport Championship - a series where the Moneymore-based team first cut its teeth in British racing - and he's confident Seeley is the right man for the job.

[Image: as600launch.jpg]

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"I'm delighted that Alastair is with us for what is effectively his third year, as we have already formed a formidable partnership. He has been a British Champion in Relentless Suzuki colours, won a British Superbike race as a rookie and lifted the prestigious NW200 Superbike title. We will be looking for bigger and better things with Alastair next season, both in the British Supersport series and at the North West 200.

"It's an important year for Suzuki re-entering British Supersport with a new bike and I know Alastair feels it's a huge honour to have been asked to represent them. He had a terrific rookie season in BSB in 2010 and he will get various opportunities to ride the Superbike next season, but in the short-term his focus will be on challenging for the Supersport title on the all-new GSX-R600. As previous winners we will not be taking the class lightly, as we know it houses some top riders, but we are confident Alastair can be hugely successful."

Alastair Seeley:

"I'm very happy to be sorted and back racing with Relentless Suzuki next season and my aim is to try and win the Supersport Championship and put the new GSX-R600 firmly in the limelight. When the team competed in the series back in 2007 with Michael and Ian, the bikes were the best out there and I fully expect the new bike to be the same. It's an honour to represent the official GSX-R600 effort in the series, and my aim will be to try and hit the ground running, just like I did in '09 in the Superstock class. With two races per weekend, the Supersport class will be right up there with the Superbikes in 2011 and with an opportunity to ride both the Superbike and Superstock bikes before the North West 200; I couldn't be in a stronger position."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2010, 07:07 PM by Malcolm.)
08-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Website Find Reply