Have you got any info on this bike ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: Have you got any info on this bike ?
My Dad was Harry Huntly of Chester-le-Street who rode in most motorcycling disciplines but his major successes came in the early days of Speedway, riding for Newcastle and Gosforth (he was, and I believe, still is, the tallest ever knee trailing Speedway rider) and also he rode in scrambles and trials winning many events. I have books of press cuttings, programmes and a box full of trophys and cups.

He raced against Alan Jefferies (Nicks Dad) on more than one occasion.

Dad attended the TT from 1924 to 1961 missing the "WAR" years so he passed his love of TT and the Isle of Man on to me. I took him over again in 1974, 1978 and 1979 the latter two years so he could see the return of Mike Hailwood.

Dad did some experimental work for BSA during the time he raced in the 20s and 30s and also post-war, and I think he tried a variety of forks, Enfield is mentioned in his notes...........

He was an AMIMI having joined the IMI when it was in its very early stages.
I am now a MIMI of which I am proud, having learnt from Dad that excellence counts ! Dad died in 1995 aged 88.

I spend more and more time going through my collection these days....I find something of interest every time I climb into the loft...

The pictures below are both of Dads bikes, he won the "Golden Helmet" two or three times in the early 30s

My next manufacturer submission will be a picture of the Douglas he raced in the 50s!!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2010, 07:28 PM by ian huntly.)
16-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Have you got any info on this bike ? - by Malcolm - 11-12-2010, 07:44 PM
RE: Have you got any info on this bike ? - by ian huntly - 16-12-2010, 11:02 PM