Honda TT Legends to race Ulster Grand Prix
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends to race Ulster Grand Prix
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

John McGuinness and Keith Amor – from the Honda TT Legends team – will race at this year’s Ulster Grand Prix, set to take place from 10-13 August 2011.

Dubbed ‘the world’s fastest road race’, riders at the Ulster Grand Prix regularly exceed 130mph as an average lap speed around the 7.4mile circuit, with the fastest lap recorded at 133.997mph. Both McGuinness and Amor will be aiming at this benchmark as they put the legendary Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade through its paces around the roads of Dundrod, situated just west of Belfast in Northern Ireland.

The Honda TT Legends is a newly formed team, assembled for an assault on the 2011 FIM Endurance World Championship and to contest selected road races, including the Ulster Grand Prix and Isle of Man TT. Both McGuinness and Amor were also set to race the North West 200 but a date clash with the Albacete round of the Endurance World Championship has precluded this.

The full Honda TT Legends team comprises of McGuinness, Amor and Steve Plater, who recently announced that he has retired from road racing to concentrate solely on the Endurance World Championship.

John McGuinness, Honda TT Legends

“I am really excited about the Ulster Grand Prix this year and going there with this team. It’s one of the fastest and most technical races out there. I didn’t make it to the Ulster this year due to other commitments but I am keen to get back there and give it a go. I have won there before and I would like to rack up a few more victories at the Dundrod circuit.”

Keith Amor, Honda TT Legends

“The Ulster Grand Prix was one of the first road-racing events I took part in and because of that it is pretty special for me and always means a lot to go well there. There is no better team than the Honda team, and to go there under the banner of ‘Honda TT Legends’, with John as my team mate is a really good feeling. I’m sure Steve (Plater) will be watching from the sidelines as well.”

Neil Tuxworth, Team Manager, Honda TT Legends

“With the new Honda TT Legends programme, it is now possible for us to participate in great historical road-races such as the Ulster Grand Prix. Previously other commitments have made it difficult for Honda’s official team to attend this event but now we have the resources for this to be possible and want to go there and for our TT Legends team to do well.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Website Find Reply