Kawasaki to take six riders to Sepang
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kawasaki to take six riders to Sepang
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Kawasaki’s intense preparations for the 2011 World Superbike Championship show no signs of abating as it gets ready to take six riders to Malaysia for yet more testing.

The Japanese manufacturer has received more column inches than most in the run up to the 2011 season following the introduction of the much anticipated ZX-10R, a bike that many believe has the capability of turning Kawasaki from also-rans into front runners.

As such, Kawasaki are piling substantial resources into the project, expanding its factory line-up to three riders – Tom Sykes, Joan Lascorz and Chris Vermeulen – and scheduling a busy testing programme.

The latest test will take place at Sepang on January 10th for four days, where Sykes is set to be joined by his team-mates for the first time, Lascorz having only returned from injury in a private test recently, while Vermeulen hasn’t ridden a bike at all in six months after undergoing surgery on his knee.

The manufacturer’s test rider Katsuaki Fujiwara will also be present, as will the manufacturer’s British Superbike rider Stuart Easton, who will travel to Malaysia as a reward for his recent Macau success with PBM.

It is also being reported that Roberto Rolfo will participate, the Italian having been signed to ride with the factory Pedercini team for 2011. The former Ten Kate Honda rider has a good record at Sepang, winning his one and only Moto2 race there in 2010.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Website Find Reply