Massimiliano “Max” Biaggi’s Prediction for MotoGP 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Massimiliano “Max” Biaggi’s Prediction for MotoGP 2011
The Italian motorcycle racer and the winner of the current 2010 World Super-bike Championship, Max Biaggi aims high for the upcoming season of MotoGP as the most thrilling and competitive one.

He himself is getting ready for a run at the World Super-bike championship’s next season but in his personal view, Jorge Lorenzo will be defending his MotoGP World title in the season 2011.

The season 2011 for MotoGP moves to several new territories and numerous high-profile moves. Above all, Casey Stoner had his transition from Ducati proved flawless after his impressive performance on the Honda during the post-session testing.

For the season 2011, Valentino Rossi shall be ridding a new motorcycle and Casey Stoner’s transaction to Honda coming from Ducati would be an exciting challenge for the world class racers in the world class race. There will be numerous other riders on new bikes and the goal for all will be to snatch the title from Lorenzo.

In the season 2010, Jorge Lorenzo has accomplished a rider’s heart endeared wish to become the MotoGP World Champion, that too at such a tender age of 23. The title was not all for his name, but on the ride to glory, he broke several other records, standing on the podium 16 times of 18 races and winning nine of them.

Max Biaggi is quite confident on Lorenzo, looking at his previous season’s performance and says that he shall be putting his money on the returning champion despite the fact that Stoner should not be counted out from the contest.

The World Super-bike Champion is planning to place his bet on Jorge Lorenzo for the upcoming season of MotoGP. The other rider in his view to give Lorenzo a tough time was none other than the Honda star Stoner.

Biaggi commented, "Lorenzo had an outstanding season and did a great job - it was really good. I am convinced that he will be the man to beat again next year. But beware Stoner,”

It’s been since 2005 that Biaggi had quit racing for the premier class motorcycling series after spending eight seasons in the MotoGP. It was his time in the MotoGP that Valentino Rossi along with the 2010 WSBK champ built quite a bit of rivalry that reduced Biaggi wins to thirteen for his career with MotoGP.

Biaggi highly praised Lorenzo for his terrific season for the FIAT Yamaha in 2010 and was no short for his expectation to produce similar results next year with the same amount of authority through out the whole season.

Perhaps it was this continued grudge that Biaggi reluctantly mentioning his infamous Italian foe’s name in his prediction. A question was dropped to the “Roman Emperor” by the Gazetta dello Sport interview with Rossi’s name as a potential title contender in 2011, yet understandably, it has always been a biased response towards the Italian opponent.

Biaggi wouldn’t have mentioned Rossi as being stuffed year after year in his tenure of MotoGP till the time he was undesirably left out without a ride in any of the GP’s credibility. Besides the traditional rivalry, 2011 should be a great season to look ahead to.

For the World Super-bike championship season, Carlos Checa aims for the title defender Biaggi and commented that he is his man to beat in the 2011. The other key challengers include Marco Melandri, Jonathan Rea and Eugene Laverty but Checa seems pretty confident that he’ll be able to compete promisingly with the front runners.

Mad Max’s prediction sounds right to an extent. Both Lorenzo and Stoner will be the main contenders next season, but for the general audience, Valentino Rossi along with the rapidly recovering Dani Padrosa shall also be in the title run soon in the MotoGP season 2011.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply