Muresan joins PTR Honda for Supersport
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Muresan joins PTR Honda for Supersport
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

Regular Supersport World Championship competitors Parkalgar Honda will be aiming for the championship win again in 2011, and the expansion of the squad will continue beyond its previous level of three riders, with Romanian competitor Robert Muresan now joining the Performance Technical Racing team run by Simon Buckmaster.

The 19-year-old from Romania made his first appearance on the world scene in 2008 in 125 GP. After switching to four-strokes in 2009 he took part in World Supersport on a Team MS Romania Racing Triumph, while in 2010 he only did one race, in European Superstock 600 at Valencia, finishing 14th overall.

Muresan will race in PTR Romania colours for the team, sharing the pit box with another returning newcomer, Britain's James Ellison.

PTR Honda Team Manager Simon Buckmaster said:

"Romania does not have any team or rider competing at the top of the World Championships. Our aim is to change that. We are setting up PTR Romania to cater to the performance motorcycle market and bring our class leading tuning service to the country. We have identified a young talented rider from Romania to take to World Championship success, his name is Robert Muresan. It is critical for us to expand into Romania and that means nurturing a local racer to the very top, something we have a proud record of achieving. We are working with Romanian business and partners to develop this project and are looking forward to putting Romania on the map of World Championship motorcycle racing."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Website Find Reply