James Westmoreland joins Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
James Westmoreland joins Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

James Westmoreland the 2010 Supersport runner up will join Loris Baz in the Motorpoint Yamaha Superbike team for 2011.

James tested the R1 Superbike just before Christmas and was very impressed with the power delivery and the chassis performance.

James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha

“This is a massive year for me; I have wanted to move to Superbike for a few years but needed the right team and bike.

I have got to know Rob and his team and feel the time is right to step up; with this team behind me and the R1 pretty much sorted it will be down to me to get on the pace as quick as I can.

I want to be a big part of Rob’s plans, I am 22 and Loris will have turned 18 by the start of the season so we are the youngest team on the grid, Rob has committed to both Loris and I and I want to repay him and Motorpoint by giving them my best.

I rode the bike in Spain and was surprised how the bike felt, I have lots to learn but the first impression was very positive and I can’t wait to get back testing”.

[Image: jamesloris.jpeg]
James & Loris Baz

Rob Mac

“This is the year we have to be part of the front show, we have over the years been the team who have invested in our young talent and 2011 could be the best return on our investment! James is at a very similar level to where Cal Crutchlow, Jonathan Rea and Tom Sykes were when they stepped up to Superbike, he has a tough act to follow but I am sure he will deliver on race day.

On the other side of the garage we have at 18yrs old Loris Baz who will be a perfect motivator and team mate for James.

We have never looked so good, both riders are very hungry and determined, we have a very competitive bike that is totally ready to go, we just need to keep the guy’s healthy have a little bit of luck and start smiling again!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Website Find Reply