Farquhar wants to join the premier league
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farquhar wants to join the premier league
[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]

Record breaking local road racer Ryan Farquhar has tasted success at international level in both Supersport and Superstock classes, coming at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix over the past number of years — but one class that has always eluded him is the premier Superbike class.

Only yesterday the Dungannon man took delivery of the all-new Kawasaki ZX-10R machine from Phillip McCallen Motorcycles in Lisburn. The bike, he believes, will give him his best-ever chance of a premier class win, at one of the ‘big three’ internationals this term.

Farquhar was to take delivery of his ZX-10s before the New Year, but Kawasaki put a technical hold on the new bike, with first reports of excessive engine wear.

The fault was traced to a valve spring problem that was quickly resolved and the big litre machine is now being touted as, the bike to halt Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki’s dominance at the Isle of Man TT in June.

KMR Kawasaki mounted Farquhar will be joined on the ‘green meanies’ at the NW200, TT and UGP by Manxman Conor Cummins [McAdoo Racing] and if the rumour mill is correct, Ballymoney’s Michael Dunlop.

Dunlop is apparently in advanced contract talks with team owner Paul Bird, to run ZX-6 and ZX-10 machinery, supplied by his official Kawasaki World Superbike team in 2011.

The 22-year-old Ballymoney lad will be out to beat Farquhar and Cummins to the Holy Grail.

Mick Grant was the last top-flight rider to take a premier class TT victory for Kawasaki back in the ’70s.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Website Find Reply