Ellison surgery ahead of race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison surgery ahead of race
[Image: bogdankahdr.jpg]

BOGDANKA PTR HONDA racer James Ellison will have key-hole surgery on his left knee tomorrow (Wednesday) morning to restore movement and strength in time for this weekend’s opening round of the World Supersport Championship at Phillip Island in Australia.

A crash during the opening session meant that Ellison missed the afternoon run on day one but was back in action on Tuesday. The key-hole surgery is no-risk and will manage the pain so he can concentrate on racing. Despite losing track time he finished the test in 12th place.

Bogdanka PTR Honda racer Pawel Szkopek concentrated on fast race simulations and was impressive over race distance. He finished 16th overall less than a second from the top eight.

James Ellison:

“It was a good test because I was fastest in the wet and then very consistent in the dry on the second day so I’m looking forward to a good race on Sunday. Unfortunately I crashed on the first day and damaged a tendon in my left knee. It was a bit difficult to move around on the bike so I will have a quick key-hole surgery tomorrow morning to allow more movement and less pain. I might not be at full fitness on Sunday but will be fit enough to have a good race and will do my best.”

Pawel Szkopek:

“I’m very happy with the test because I was not only able to improve on my previous personal record at Phillip Island but also to keep a consistent pace on the long runs, so I’m really looking forward to the race weekend. I think I can still improve during practice and qualifying and hope to be fighting for a point scoring position on Sunday.”

Simon Buckmaster:

“Overall, apart from the crash, it was a positive test. The surgery will be a zero risk procedure from our point of view, because it gives James a chance to challenge right up the front on Sunday. It’s positive we can have it done as early as tomorrow morning and we’re looking forward to a good result in the race. Pawel worked hard and concentrated on the long runs and was very consistent so he’s looking good for a point scoring position.”

Combined test times Mon/Tues

1 99 Foret F. (FRA) Honda CBR600RR 1'33.904

2 23 Parkes B. (AUS) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'33.918

3 44 Salom D. (ESP) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'34.183

4 21 Marino F. (FRA) Honda CBR600RR 1'34.726

5 11 Lowes S. (GBR) PARKALGAR HONDA CBR600RR 1'35.019

6 22 Tamburini R. (ITA) Yamaha YZF R6 1'35.249

7 9 Scassa L. (ITA) Yamaha YZF R6 1'35.272

8 4 Rea G. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 1'35.381

9 127 Harms R. (DEN) Honda CBR600RR 1'35.435

10 91 Dell'Omo D. (ITA) Triumph Daytona 675 1'35.697

12 77 Ellison J. (GBR) BOGDANKA PTR HONDA CBR600RR 1'35.964

16 28 Szkopek P. (POL) BOGDANKA PTR HONDA CBR600RR 1'36.314
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Website Find Reply