Ellison on the pace after surgery
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison on the pace after surgery
[Image: bogdankahdr.jpg]

BOGDANKA PTR Honda’s James Ellison shrugged off the effects of Wednesday’s keyhole surgery on his left knee to claim ninth in the first qualifying session for the opening round of the World Supersport Championship at Phillip Island in Australia.

Pawel Szkopek was 13th on his Bogdanka PTR Honda just 1.8 seconds from provisional pole man Fabien Foret with one more practice and qualifying tomorrow ahead of the Sunday’s race.

James Ellison:

“I’m still in some pain following my operation but it was definitely a good idea to do it as I’m feeling a lot better than during the test. We can improve the balance of the bike a little bit which is the plan for tomorrow but both the bike and myself have the potential to be on the front row. You need a good start here so we’ll do our best.”

Pawel Szkopek:

“I’m very happy about today. The team helped me to find a setup that works well for me and we’re going in the right direction. It was difficult to improve the morning times during the qualifying because the track was hotter and had less grip so I’m very happy about going underneath 1:36. My starting position is very good right now and I’m looking forward to improving more.”

Simon Buckmaster:

“We’re finding a better bike setting for Pawel which is within the operating window of the machine and he’s starting to get to grips with that. It’s a learning experience for him and for us to understand his needs but it’s coming together. He did a 1:35.9 and was consistent so we’re getting there. James has recovered well from surgery. He had a few minor issues today but we got it sorted and he’s looking in a good shape for tomorrow.”

First Qualification

1. Fabien Foret 1'34.091 (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda)

2. David Salom 1'34.166 (Kawasaki Motocard.com)

3. Sam Lowes 1'34.875 (Parkalgar Honda)

4. Chaz Davies 1'35.065 (Yamaha ParkinGO Team)

5. Roberto Tamburini 1'35.203 (Bike Service R.T.)

6. Luca Scassa 1'35.236 (Yamaha ParkinGO Team)

7. Broc Parkes 1'35.297 (Kawasaki Motocard.com)

8. Florian Marino 1'35.335 (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda)

9. James Ellison 1'35.480 (Bogdanka PTR Honda)

10. Robbin Harms 1'35.563 (Harms Benjan Racing Team)

13. Pawel Szkopek 1'35.968 (Bogdanka PTR Honda)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply