Brilliant podium on debut for Lowes
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brilliant podium on debut for Lowes
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA’S Sam Lowes finished his first World Supersport race for Parkalgar Honda in a thrilling third place, just 0.033seconds behind race winner Luca Scassa at Phillip Island in Australia.

Lowes led for several laps and was in the lead coming out of the last corner before being drafted to the finish line. Miguel Praia failed to finish due to clutch problems while fighting inside the top 10. The next round of the Championship is at the team's home track of Donington Park in the UK.

Sam:

“It was a really good race for me - my first time in the Championship with Parkalgar Honda. I was a bit nervous but I got a decent start and then made some moves on the riders around me. I knew it was a long race and was thinking about tyre wear. I passed Luca on the last lap but did not get a mega run on to the start/finish straight. Third in my first race is great; I am loving my team and my bike, I am enjoying myself.”

Miguel:

“It is not the best start for us as I had to retire from the race when I think seventh place may have been possible. My rhythm and pace from a good start were fast, especially when you consider my qualifying position. Initially I settled behind Roccoli and Ellison before Iannuzzo got past me on the first sector. I was leading the group in 10th position when I retired and this is just bad luck. Otherwise my Parkalgar Honda is strong and competitive and I am looking forward to racing again soon.”

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

“What a superb ride by Sam to finish third on his debut for the Parkalgar Honda team. He went into the last corner a little too hot in the lead and lost some drive and the other two were able to get past him on the run to the line - but that takes nothing away from his achievement; this is his first time at the track and in our team. Sam’s bike was strong everywhere, the package was good and no one can be disappointed with the result.

“Miguel was unlucky to suffer a retirement and the Parkalgar Honda team will look into the reasons for this to make sure it doesn’t happen again – he would have scored a strong top 10 position otherwise.

“A quick mention on a good sixth place result for James Ellison on the Parkalgar Honda’s sister team Bogdanka PTR Honda – that’s very encouraging given he underwent surgery just five days ago. Now it is back to the team workshops to continue development of the bike in time for our first home round of the year at Donington Park in one month’s time.”

Race Result

1: L Scassa, Yamaha

2: B Parkes, Kawasaki +0.009s

3: S LOWES, PARKALGAR HONDA +0.033s

4: D Salom, Kawasaki +0.272

5: R Harms, Honda +16.969s

6: J ELLISON, BOGDANKA PTR HONDA +23.943

7: F Marino, Honda +31.788

8: V Iannuzzo, Kawasaki +31.837

9: A Lundh, Honda +31.870

10: D Dell’Omo, Triumph +32.817

DNF MIGUEL PRAIA, PARKALGAR HONDA

Championship Positions after one of 12 rounds

1: Scassa 25

2: Parkes 20

3: LOWES, PARKALGAR HONDA 16

4: Salom 13

5: Harms 11

6: ELLISON, BOGDANKA PTR HONDA 10

7: Marino 9

8: Iannuzzo 8

9: Lundh 7

10: Dell’Omo 6.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Website Find Reply