SAMSUNG CRESCENT RACING AND 2ND RIDER ANNOUNCED
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SAMSUNG CRESCENT RACING AND 2ND RIDER ANNOUNCED
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

Highly experienced British Superbike protagonists, Crescent Racing, has today confirmed technology electronics giants Samsung as 2011 title sponsors, while also announcing reigning British Superstock Champion Jon Kirkham as team mate to John Hopkins in the team's two-rider Superbike series assault.

With testing due to commence shortly, the new-look Samsung Crescent Racing Team will make its debut at the Cartagena circuit in Spain on March 3, with new signing Kirkham and ex-MotoGP star Hopkins getting their first taste of the Suzuki GSX-R1000 that they will take to the grid at Brands Hatch for round one on April 25.

Upon announcing Samsung as title sponsors and the signing of Jon Kirkham, Team Manager, Jack Valentine commented,

"Naturally we are thoroughly delighted to welcome both Samsung and Jon onboard for the 2011 season. In such a tough climate it is extremely pleasing to work with a new partner from outside of the bike industry and with Jon we have a second rider with real pedigree. While it's been a tough winter period, I genuinely believe we've never been in such a strong position at the start of a season and can't wait to get both riders out on track for testing."

With the support of Samsung, the team also aims to build on its already well-established brand by competing at the Silverstone World SBK round later in the year, where both riders will race alongside the regular World Championship contenders.

Simon Stanford, Head of Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland said:

"We are thrilled to be continuing our relationship with Jon Kirkham this year and extremely enthusiastic about our involvement in the British Superbike circuit this season through our new title sponsorship with Crescent Racing. We intend to use this new partnership to take our leading mobile technology and brand to millions of Superbike fans as well as give Crescent Racing an opportunity to reach a wider audience via our customer base."

Crescent's Commercial Director, Martyn James added:

"Having Samsung as title sponsor is not just a massive coup for us as a team but I believe is a huge boost for the Championship as a whole. A partnership with a global brand like Samsung raises both our own and the Championship's profile, which will undoubtedly open the door to a wider audience. We thank all at Samsung for their enthusiasm and commitment, and we look forward to using Samsung's creative technology to assist us both on and off the track this season."

Responsible for bringing Samsung, Crescent Racing and Jon Kirkham together - and also an instrumental part in the team's marketing and media focus in 2011 - is Rockabox Media. James Booth from Rockabox explained: "Motorcycling is an inspirational leisure pastime enjoyed by millions; in the form of British Superbikes it turns into the most exciting spectator sport in the world. With our proven approach to the media, we will bring this to life for thousands of fans with unique behind the scenes footage throughout the season."

Samsung Crescent Racing will begin their pre-season testing at the Cartagena circuit in Spain on March 3, before moving to Guadix near Granada on March 8.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Website Find Reply