MSS COLCHESTER KAWASAKI testing in Spain and Portugal
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS COLCHESTER KAWASAKI testing in Spain and Portugal
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

Kawasaki British Superbike team MSS Colchester Kawasaki’s season start today, ending months of eager anticipation, as the team get their first chance to test out the new Ninja ZX-10R at the Spanish circuit of Cartagena.

The intricate track is known for its demanding nature and always provides both riders and teams with a clear indication as to where they stand with regards to chassis setup and the overall balance of the bike. Despite the team being forced to use Superstock spec engines due to the late arrival of certain performance components, the MSS Colchester Kawasaki’s will be running a complete Superbike chassis configuration so the test is certain to give them a firm direction for future chassis development as well as for the riders; vital time in the saddle.

For Superbike rider Gary Mason this will be his first chance to ride the Ninja ZX-10R however Stuart Easton will be looking to use the time he spent with Kawasaki’s World Superbike team in Sepang to provide MSS with valuable data and feedback.

The Superbike riders will be joined at the circuit by Superstock riders Danny Buchan and Howie Mainwaring who will also be getting to put their Ninja ZX-10Rs through their paces. Like Gary, this will be the first time that Howie has ridden the new bike, however Danny has already tested at Cartagena and set some impressive lap times that hint at the potential of the new bike.

Once the test day is completed Howie will head to the Spanish track of Guadix to continue testing while the Superbike team is travelling to the World Superbike track of Portimao in Portugal for a two day test that coincides with a media event organised by one of MSS Colchester’s main sponsors, Maxxis tyres.

[Image: msskawasakispain1.jpg]

Team owner Nick Morgan said,

“It will be great to get the first test of the year underway. We have so much to learn about the new Ninja ZX-10R and every lap our riders complete, in either Superbike or Superstock trim, provides valuable data that we can use to turn this bike into a contender for race wins and hopefully championships. The riders have been itching to get out there and ride the bikes after the winter break and I’m sure they are looking forward as much as we are to the new season. The lack of our full superbike engine shouldn’t significantly hamper our progress, the road bike isn’t exactly underpowered to start with!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Website Find Reply