Jerez awaits final Moto2 and 125cc pre-season Test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jerez awaits final Moto2 and 125cc pre-season Test
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

[Image: moto2.gif]

The two categories will convene for the final Test prior to the start of the season at the Spanish circuit, commencing on Friday, with the intermediate class receiving the official Honda engines.

Jerez de la Frontera will host the final pre-season Test for the Moto2 and 125cc classes this weekend, with the on-track action scheduled to commence on Friday and last for three days.

Indeed some of those who will be in attendance this weekend were present at the same track last week, as they attempted to compensate for the Estoril meeting which had been largely affected by weather. Marc Márquez (Team Catalunya Caixa Repsol), Julián Simón (Mapfre Aspar) and Scott Redding (Marc VDS Racing) were amongst those, and the trio will now join the rest of their Moto2 colleagues in riding with the official Honda 600cc engines which will be delivered by Geo Technology for this Test.

Gresini Racing pair Yuki Takahashi and Michele Pirro were another pair who were at Jerez last week and they will continue their groundwork with the Italian team, whilst others hoping for a strong final run before the season opener in Qatar two weeks later will be riders as diverse as Andrea Iannone (Speed Master), Tom Lüthi (Interwetten Paddock Moto2 Racing), Alex de Angelis (JiR Moto2) and Jules Cluzel (Forward Racing). Ioda Racing duo Simone Corsi and Mattia Pasini will aim to verify the work they have been doing with their new team, whilst Mika Kallio (Marc VDS) and Aleix Espargaró (Pons Racing) will take the next step in their respective switches from MotoGP to Moto2.

Ratthapark Wilairot (Thai Honda Singha-SAG) will make a welcome return to action as he rides his FTR having recovered from an off-season injury, whilst Turkish rider Kenan Sofuoglu (Technomag CIP), German Stefan Bradl (Viessmann Kiefer Racing) and American Kenny Noyes (Avintia-STX) are just some of the various nationalities aiming to reinforce their pre-season to date. Polish rider Lukasz Wargala will also continue his adaptation in his new quest in the World Championship with the G22 Racing Team.

[Image: jsimonjerez.jpg]
Julian Simon at Jerez

Other interesting notes prior to the Test will be how the MZ pair of Max Neukirchner and Anthony West fare on different chassis, the former riding an FTR and the latter the German team’s own evolution frame. There will also be continued adjustments to the higher Moto2 class for riders stepping up from 125 – Bradley Smith (Tech 3), Pol Espargaró (HP Tuenti Speed Up), Randy Krummenacher (GP Team Switzerland) and Esteve Rabat (Blusens-STX) amongst them – as they get their first taste of the official engines.

Sharing the track throughout the three days will of course be the 125cc class, as the riders competing in the category set themselves up for the final year of the Championship in its current format before the introduction of Moto3 in 2012.

From experienced heads who will be aiming for a title shot this year in Nico Terol, Héctor Faubel (both Bancaja Aspar), Sergio Gadea (PEV-Blusens-SMX-Paris Hilton) and Sandro Cortese (Racing Team Germany Intact) to pre-season revelations Maverick Viñales (PEV-Blusens-SMX-Paris Hilton), Miguel Oliveira (Andalucia Cajasol) and young Brit Danny Kent (Red Bull Ajo Motorsport), all will be keen to end the final Test in the best possible shape.

Both classes will share the track for the majority of each of the three days, before dedicated 125cc and Moto2-only sessions each afternoon.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Website Find Reply