Hill talks day one and off track excursion
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill talks day one and off track excursion
[Image: swanyamahahdr.gif]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill completed his first day of testing in Cartagena today and despite an off track excursion when bedding in new brakes, he ran second fastest and concluded that he had a fantastic day on circuit.

Hill made continuous progress in the morning sessions, before the hour-long stint this afternoon. In the final session of the day Hill went out to bed in new brakes, but admits that he was a little too eager on his first flying lap which caused him to run on at turn one and into the gravel.

Hill said:

"It has been a fantastic day for me and the Swan Yamaha is feeling good despite today only being our first time on the track here, which just shows how it can adapt. I was running 1m:34s lap times consistently and now tonight the boys are just checking everything over and then we will be all set for tomorrow. I had an off track moment today when I was bedding in new brakes; I pushed a bit too hard on my first flying lap and just ran into the gravel, I touched the wall with the front wheel and it stuck and as I went to move it I just tipped over. I am pleased with our progress again today and tomorrow we can push on again."

[Image: hilltumble.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Website Find Reply